Search This Blog

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Dear God

When I read this article, I had not read the comments by Dick Cheney.

Somewhere in our country lies an as yet undiscovered gravesite and an appropriate stone to mark the date of death and the burial of the brain of one Richard Cheney, the 46th Vice President of the United States, familiarly and deservedly known as Dick. - Norman Lear

The whole post can be read below.  It's a quickie.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/norman-lear/help-us-dear-god_b_6326356.html

Then I found the reference, and it all made sense.

This exchange is from Meet the Press.


CHUCK TODD: Let me go to Gul Rahman. He was chained to the wall of his cell, doused with water, froze to death in C.I.A. custody. And it turned out it was a case of mistaken identity.
DICK CHENEY: --right. But the problem I had is with the folks that we did release that end up back on the battlefield. [...] I'm more concerned with bad guys who got out and released than I am with a few that, in fact, were innocent.
CHUCK TODD: 25% of the detainees though, 25% turned out to be innocent. They were released.
DICK CHENEY: Where are you going to draw the line, Chuck? How are-- [...]
CHUCK TODD: Is that too high? You're okay with that margin for error?
DICK CHENEY: I have no problem as long as we achieve our objective.

The entire article can be viewed below.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/15/1351990/-Dick-Cheney-I-have-no-problem-using-torture-program-against-innocent-persons?detail=email#

I'd like to add to Mr. Lear's comment.  In addition to Mr. Cheney's brain buried somewhere, so is his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment