Search This Blog

Monday, December 22, 2014

That Took Cojones

It's been almost forty years since I've attended mass regularly, although I was raised a staunch Catholic.  There were several reasons for my departure from the church, the chief of which was being the good wife and following my husband (now longtime ex-husband) in his religious beliefs.

Then, of course, the decades of scandal at the hands of disgusting, pedophile priests who raped and silenced God only know how many young boys and men, rattled the cages of the most ardent Catholic parishioners.

So, it's under the backdrop that Pope Francis took over the beleaguered church.

I expected more of the same from him as from his predecessors.

Boy, was I wrong.

He used his annual message to the folks who run the Vatican, to send them a blistering message, calling them out for their abuse of power,  and their "catalogue of illnesses."

That took cojones.

He went where few, if any, have ever tread.

Kudos to him.

This man was born to make a difference, and at 78 years old, he's destined to see it come to pass.

This makes me want to find a Catholic Church somewhere and attend mass, just to be in solidarity with him.

Check out his dressing down below.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_REL_VATICAN_REFORM?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-12-22-19-59-48

No comments:

Post a Comment