Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Safe

As many of you have already heard, a 37 year old American teacher was stabbed to death in an upscale area of Abu Dhabi on December 1st.

This has sent shockwaves through our system and throughout the UAE.

Many people are out of the country, including me, and heard about this like I did, through the US State Department Advisory Warning email.

Although this is incredibly tragic, it also is incredibly rare.

I stand by my conviction that this is one of the safest places in the world to live.

Clearly though, there are crazy people everywhere.

The suspect, which you can see in the video clip below, is completely covered.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/abu-dhabi-police-release-cctv-video-of-boutik-mall-murder-suspect?utm_source=Communicator&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=Abdullah:%20UAE%20won't%20rest%20in%20war%20on%20terror

This is not unusual.

Trying to identify her (or him, although it looks like a woman to me), will prove difficult.

The other thing is, because this type of thing is so rare, I wonder how equipped the local police is to handling something like this.

There is no doubt, there will be an exodus of US teachers leaving during the upcoming winter break.  If they were on the fence at all about being here, this kind of thing will push them over the edge.

Huge thanks to those of you who reached out to me, making sure I'm OK.

Thank God, all is well with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment