Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2015

Peace in the Middle East

Personal peace.

Not the longstanding battle for political peace.

It's a personal peace of mind that I've found here.

Its a kind of serenity that I've never known before.

It's a place of harmony and good will.

It's a place of contentment and appreciation.

The irony is not lost on me that this peace occurred in the area of the world that is known for war and conflict.

And yet . . .

In the midst of all that, there is this oasis of peace, in this country - the UAE, and in my state of mind.

Could I have reached this peace of mind anywhere else?

Probably . . .

But, the fact remains, it happened here.

Maybe it's because I'm isolated, providing more time for introspection.

Or . . .

Maybe it's because of the attitude of forgiveness that I choose to embrace, that would be present anywhere in the world I choose to be.

Or . . .

Maybe it's because of the overwhelming kindness of the people here.

Who knows?

What matters most is that it is present and alive in me.

Here's wishing you this kind of peace that surpassing all understanding, wherever you are.








No comments:

Post a Comment