Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2015

Toilet Paper & Popsicles

One of the things that I've noticed in my travels, is the vast difference in attitudes in regard to toilet paper.

I've decided that most of the world (limited to the places I've seen of course), are indifferent to tissue paper.  As such, it's mostly . . .

One ply.

See-through thin.

Or . . .

Rough as sand paper.

Really, there is no in-between.

So, when I go home to America, I revel in the comfort of . . .

Quilted.

Soft as cotton.

Absorbent.

Two ply plus.

Fit for a king . . .

Toilet paper.

No doubt, this is one of the things I miss the most.

Another thing that I miss is popsicles.

Yes.

Popsicles.

It was 120 degrees yesterday, cooling off to 118 today.

Interestingly, there are no cold refreshment, like popsicles, push pops, or icees sold here.  We have ice cream, but it doesn't melt, so God only knows what's in the stuff.

This opposition to the cold refreshments probably stems from the fact that most people don't drink ice water.  There is the notion that its not good for you, so room temperature water it is.

Anyway, on hot days like we're having now, it's absolutely revitalizing to cool off with a cold . . . something.

While I was in Houston, we enjoyed some homemade popsicles, so I ordered some molds for myself, and I gotta tell you, I'm like a kid a Christmas licking on these.

What a treat!

So . . .

The next time you're enjoying the comfort of quilted toilet paper and/or a cool refreshing ice cream/yogurt/juice treat . . .

Think of me.






No comments:

Post a Comment