Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Where I Live


Just above the red dotted line on the left is where I live.  It is spelled "As Sila" here, but it should be "Al Sila."  You see that I'm very close (9 miles) to Saudi Arabia.  The latest census has the population of Al Sila at 7900.  That's more than seven times the size of China, Texas (population 1100), where I was born and raised.  I believe this is why I've adjust so well to being here.  I don't mind the isolation and I absolutely love the peace and quiet.  And added bonus - there's never any traffic or lines.

If you follow the coast going east (right), you come to Abu Dhabi, three hours away from Al Sila.  Keeping going for another hour, and you're in Dubai.

The little cities east (right) of Dubai are the other five emirates - Sharjah, Ajman, Umm al Quiwain, RAS Khaimah and Al Fljairah.  Abu Dhabi is the largest emirate by far, followed by Dubai.  The emirates are city/states.

Southeast of Dubai is "Al Ayn," commonly spelled as "Al Ain."  This is where I lived for two years.  It's about an hour and a half from both Abu Dhabi and Dubai.



This is a map of the Middle East.  The UAE is just south of the Persian Gulf.

I hope this helps to when someone asks, "Where in the world is she?"

No comments:

Post a Comment