Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2016

I've Learned, Part 2

On most days, I choose not to give unsolicited advice, always remembering my Mom's words, "The folks who give you advice don't pay for your mistakes."

Having said that, I'm going to add to a previous post and share more things I've learned along the way.

Here goes.

I've learned . . .

To love myself.

I can choose to hate myself or embrace myself.  I choose to embrace me.  Love me. Not in a narcissistic way, but in a way that validates me, reminding me that I matter, just the way I am.

I've learned . . .

You're never too old for adventure.

I've learned . . .

It's never wrong to do right.

I've learned . . .

To listen to the dissenting voices, then make a decision.

I've learned . . .

That being happy for others doesn't diminish my happiness, but adds to it.

I've learned . . .

That the easiest thing in the world is just being me.  The struggle came when I tried to be someone else.

I've learned . . .

To bloom where I'm planted.  No matter how rich or how barren the land.

I've learned . . .

The value of reflection.  What worked?  What didn't?  What could I do differently? How could I have helped more?

I've learned . . .

The value of learning.  Of surrounding myself with people who are smarter than me.

I've learned . . .

That food tastes better when it's shared with others.

I've learned . . .

That before you can love someone else, you have to love yourself.

I've learned . . .

Not to make someone a priority in your life, when you're only an option in their's.

I've learned . . .

That some people are destined to be in your life forever, and some are just passing through, and either way, it's OK.

I've learned . . .

To own my mistakes.  To learn from them and move on.

I've learned . . .

How little I know.










No comments:

Post a Comment