Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Giving Thanks

Have you ever been around folks who were skeptical about giving thanks for a job well done for fear the folks receiving the gratitude would slack off?

In my experience, the exact opposite almost always happens.  The more gratitude and appreciation a person gets, the more they want to do and the better they perform.

Conversely, when fault is always found, no matter how good the work is, it's not long before discouragement takes root and the desire to do anything diminishes rapidly.

Everyone needs encouragement, and just by nature, some more than others.  I pride myself on striving to do a good job in whatever I'm doing, and will do it anyway, but thanks would go a long way in keeping my wheels turning.

I know I've been guilty of not recognizing and appreciating folks like I should have. I'm learning to make a conscious effort to do so.

"Thank you" are two little words that mean so much.  My goal is to never miss an opportunity to use them.






No comments:

Post a Comment