Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Overcoming Lies

Have you ever been taken aback by lies.  Out of the blue.  Totally unexpected, uncalled for lies?  Lies told to save face?

My Mom used to say, you tell one lie, you have to tell a whole lot more to keep that one covered up.   And before you know it, you've spun a web of lies.

One of the things that I think folks respect - maybe not like because the truth can be hard to face - is the fact that I'm honest.  When given a choice, I will tell the truth. Whether it puts me in a bad light or not.

And of course, I expect honesty in return.

At 56, I shouldn't be surprised when people lie and hurt or disappoint me, but I am.

Yes, I will forgive and shake it off, but the level of respect I had for these folks has diminished greatly.

And life goes on.








No comments:

Post a Comment