Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Voting

Like an idiot, I was 40 before I cast my first vote . . . for anything.  I was one of those folks who didn't think my vote/voice counted in making a difference.

Never mind the multitude of folks who fought and died so that I could enjoy the right to vote.

I was so STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!

Thank God, I came to my senses, though late, and have voted every since.

However, once I arrived here, I realized that when I left California, I forgot to change my status to "absentee."  This meant I would have missed the opportunity to vote this fall.  I spent months waiting to get here, and could have taken care of it during that time, but I had tunnel vision . . . only thinking about when I would be leaving.

Anyway, I went online and figured out how to change my voting status, and I WILL be able to vote in this presidential election!

YES!  YES!  YES!

Let me encourage you all to step up and caste your ballot.  Don't be like me and live a lifetime before you exercise your right.  No matter who you support, let your voice be heard, by taking advantage of this right to vote that we as Americans so richly enjoy.







No comments:

Post a Comment