Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Eureka!

I found it!

I found a crock pot.

In a furniture store.

Don't ask.

The reason it would be there, doesn't make sense to me either.

Anyway . . .

I know you think this excitement is a bit much, but it's funny how the mind works. As long as it figures out you want something that you can't have, you then become obsessed with getting it, whatever "it" is.

Or, maybe it's just me.

So, of course, I made a pot of red beans to try out this new kitchen tool/toy.  In fact, I made three.  The first two I threw away because the beans were as hard as bullets. I googled solutions to the "hard bean" issue, and the best explanation was the beans were old. That makes sense.  Red beans are not a part of the local cuisine, so God only knows how long they had been on the shelf.

The first batch I tried soaking overnight.  The second batch I didn't soak, but brought them to a boil, then let them simmer for hours and hours. Both were recommendations from the internet.

They were still hard as a brick.

Then, viola!

I picked up a different brand, cooked my third batch, and they were delicious.

Yes!

Victory!

Also today, I had the maintenance guys over to change some light bulbs.  The ceilings are way too high to venture up that road.

Talk about "let there be light!"

It's 8:00 at night, but it's so bright in here, it feels like midday.

Now I realized I had been living in the dark for months.

By all measurements, today was a good day.

Here's hoping yours is too.


No comments:

Post a Comment