Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

Movies

I like going to the movies.  Always have.

Ben and Frankie used to tease me about going alone.  I always responded by reminding them I watched movies at home alone all the time.  So, going to the theater alone was no big deal.

They thought I, and the whole notion of going alone, was pretty pathetic though.

Anyway, going to the movies here takes more effort.

There are no marquees announcing what's playing.  All of the malls have theaters, and most of the hotels, too, but you wouldn't know that unless you ventured to the top floor and stumbled across them.  There are no outside, or street level, ads for the theaters.

The lack of advertising what's playing makes finding something to watch pretty colorful.

All of the silly comic book character movies usually open here at same time as in the US, but really, who would pay money to see that?

I know.  Lots of folks.  But hopefully no one over 50.

I've made enough blank trips to have had a recent "aha moment" of finally getting the phone number of the two most convenient theaters, so now I call ahead to find out what's playing and the show times.

I'm always looking for good movies to watch.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment