Search This Blog

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Fahrenheit vs. Celsius

Most businesses, including the medical profession, work split shifts here on most days.  Their hours are from 8:00-1:00, then again from 5:00-9:00.  Once a week they rotate having a regular 8:00-5:00 day.

I had a 7:30 pm dental appointment tonight.  At 8:00, it was still 100 degrees outside.

If you put your oven on full blast, and put a fan near it to blow the air out, that's what it feels like when you leave the comfort of air conditioning.

It's blazing hot, even in the shade, and even at dusk.

It seems like everywhere else in the world measures temperature using Celsius. Somehow, it just doesn't hold the "wow" factor that Fahrenheit does.

For instance, 100 degrees F equals 38 degrees C.

Which sounds hotter to you?

Exactly!

We're told not to hurry in the heat.  That you just make yourself hotter when you do.

Well, that's advice I don't heed.

When I have to be outside, I'm racing to get to the next air conditioned spot.

Am I hotter because of it?

Who knows?

I'm fortunate though.  I've acclimated to the area better than most.  There are plenty of folks who suffer with respiratory ailments (because of the fine dust) and the heat.

I know what you're thinking.

People are never satisfied.

Folks living in hot weather, want cold.  Those in rainy areas, what dry.

So, given that scenario, I'm working on my gratitude.

I'm trying to be thankful, in spite of the heat.

It's something I have to work at . . . everyday.




No comments:

Post a Comment