Search This Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Going Home

First . . .

Happy Mother's Day!

Second . . .

I'm really starting to get excited about my June trip home.  I'll be in New York to catch up with Frankie and his family, and other relatives in the area, beginning on the 7th.  Then I'll head to San Francisco to be with Ben and his family and friends as we celebrate his getting his PhD in civil engineering from UC Davis, on the 13th.  I'll get to meet his little girl Milu, too.  I can't wait!  My last stop will be in Houston to visit my brothers.

Like last year when I was in New York for Frankie and Cara's wedding ceremony, I'll have to come back to close the school year out, so I'll be in the US for two weeks.

Ben's graduation is a huge deal in and of itself, but it is especially so because he began the program while he was recovering from his accident.  In fact, at one of his lowest points, when he was healing from the physical ailments, but still couldn't see past his present state, a dear friend (a psychologist we've known for years), suggested that he return to school and pursue a PhD in his field.  This was the motivation Ben needed to move forward.  So, he applied to UC Davis, explained his predicament of having to schedule classes around surgeries, and his journey began.

There will be so much to celebrate, and thank God for, as he walks across that stage.

Guess who will be the proudest momma there?















No comments:

Post a Comment