Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Liberating!

I just discovered this guy, Steve Maraboli, a motivational speaker, from a romance novel no less!  His quote below is absolutely liberating.

Get Off The Scale!

You are beautiful. Your beauty, just like your capacity for life, happiness, and success, is immeasurable. Day after day, countless people across the globe get on a scale in search of validation of beauty and social acceptance.

Get off the scale! I have yet to see a scale that can tell you how enchanting your eyes are. I have yet to see a scale that can show you how wonderful your hair looks when the sun shines its glorious rays on it. I have yet to see a scale that can thank you for your compassion, sense of humor, and contagious smile. Get off the scale because I have yet to see one that can admire you for your perseverance when challenged in life.

It’s true, the scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That’s it. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength, or love. Don’t give the scale more power than it has earned. Take note of the number, then get off the scale and live your life. You are beautiful!” 

This is a powerful message!

With as much time, energy, effort and money I've spent on trying to loose weight and keep it off over the years, I could have easily finance a kid's college education.

Very recently I've decided to love myself, totally and completely, warts and all.

I decided to dress the me that I am, and no longer fret about the me I wish to be.

I decided to stop beating myself up because of the numbers on the scale.

I decided, that as long as I'm healthy, free of chronic sickness and disease, I would be grateful for my body, instead of living in the constant condemnation because I've come up short of what I think I should be.

I decided to be free . . .

And love myself just the way I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment