Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thankful

Well, damn.

No sooner than I clicked "publish" on my last post about my oldest brother not making an effort to see me on my visit to the US, both Ben and Frankie wrote to tell me to get over it.

They reminded me of the many posts on forgiveness that I've written about, and compared to those, implied that my most recent one was dripping in hypocrisy.

OK.  They didn't say it like that, but that was the gist of the message.

I thank God for my guys because they wasted no time calling me on the carpet.

And, of course, they were right.

Although it wasn't something I wanted to hear, it was something I needed to hear.

I have held on to these negative feelings for far too long.  The only thing/person that was guaranteed to change in this situation was me, if I was mature enough to do so.  It's a choice I had to make to make this right, or at least better.

So, like when I had to let go of ill will in reference to my ex-husband, I made the overture.

As with him, it doesn't matter if my brother and his wife respond, or what the response might be.  I did what I needed to do to move on.

You know, I could save myself a lot of grief and a ton of embarrassment, if I didn't share so much,  but I do it in the hopes of helping someone to avoid the mistakes I've made.

Who knows?

Maybe it simply is just TMI (too much information).

Anyway, like I said, I'm thankful.

For my guys for setting me straight, and for a great trip home.

And, as always, I'm thankful to you too, for taking this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment