Search This Blog

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Hangin' in Houston

Yesterday I saw a dear friend who I've known all of my life.  We were next door neighbors.  She is a week older than me.  Her folks had two boys and she was the first girl, so there was serious excitement when she was born.  A week later, the scenario repeated itself.  My folks had three boys, and then I came along.  Word is, they were pretty excited when I arrived, too.

Isn't it interesting how easy some friendships are to keep, no matter the length of time between chats or the distance between you?

That's how it is with Betty.

We don't miss a beat.  It's like we're still in the back yard talking over the fence.

The older I get, the more I appreciate this kind of friendship.

Here's wishing you the richness that true friendship brings.

As promised, here's some pictures from my summer travels, thus far.



I'm in front of the Space Shuttle.  This is at NASA in Houston.

The 747 that the Space Shuttle rode piggyback on.

This is the ceiling of Bubba's, a fabulous Houston area restaurant
featuring shrimp dishes.  Note that it's made of doors.

Me at the Kemah Boardwalk.

The coolest little building that sits on a corner
by itself.  It's a law office.  It's in Kemah, TX.

Zadie and I being silly,
on our way to Prospect Park in New York City.

This is my niece Alisha, Zadie and I in Harlem.

Milu is holding new shoes.  Baby girl is already a serious shopper.

Having fun with some of my dear Sac friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment