Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sailing Observations & Random Thoughts


Yesterday at breakfast, a guy in Speedos graced us with his presence.  Thankfully, he had a shirt on.  The rest of him . . . the massively exposed part of him . . . was really, really hairy. Arms. Shoulders. Legs.

Yes.  It was as disgusting as you're imaging.

I'm in my usual spot in the dining room.  We're passing a huge mountain range that has risen up out of the water.  It is amazing!  At first blush it looked snow-covered, but it was just the way the sun was hitting it.  There's also a small boat in the distance.  Compared to what we're in, it's minuscule.

I have been sleeping like a baby.  Twelve hours for the last two nights.  And I took a long afternoon nap.  I never sleep this much, but it feels great.

Tonight is formal wear for dinner.  That is always funny to me.  It's like dressing up to go from your bedroom to your living room.  Seems a little silly to me, but if you like to play dress up, this is your cup of tea.

I was following a group of teenagers for a minute, as they were trying so hard to be cool.  But there was this other kid, also a teen, and looked like a jock, who was sitting in one of the big upholstered chairs reading a book.  He warmed my heart.  He was doing what he wanted to do, and he didn't care who saw him do it, oblivious to the world around him.

Tomorrow we're off and running early.  We'll be in Athens, Greece.

A note about the postings from this ship.

Usually, I spend lots of time mulling over them.  I know. They might seem thrown together, but they take great effort.  Anyway, I'm out of sync, and not proofing them as much as I would if I didn't have a time limit because of the crazy cost of the Internet on the ship.  Anyway, please excuse any and all mistakes.  I'll re-read them and make adjustments when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment