Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Top Twenty TED Talks

I know.  I know.  You're thinking I should give these TED Talks a rest.  Maybe so, but I love being in a space (which is most everywhere), where folks are smarter than me.

If you share my thinking, enjoy.

If not, do whatever you do to entertain yourself.

Keeping it clean, of course.

Side note - At a storefront in Istanbul, my friends and I stopped to check out some innovative wine flasks.  There were two men in the shop.  The older of the two appeared to be the shop owner, and was definitely the maker of the wares, explaining the process.

The other young man was sitting at a desk near the front door, and he was fascinated by something on his computer screen.  I could hear music, but couldn't see the screen.

So while my friends were learning about the flasks, I asked the young guy what was so important on that computer that kept him from helping to sell their merchandise.

He looked up and smiled a very guilty smile.  You know the one, where you've been caught with your hand in the cookie nor, and all you can do is smile?

Then he gave me a hug.

The kid was guilty of something.  I don't know what because I never did see the screen.

It was kind of colorful seeing him try to play it off though.

Now to TED -

Below you'll find a link to the top twenty TED Talks.  Start with #6, "How Great Leaders Inspire Action." It's fascinating.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/08/21/ted-reveals-top-20-most-watched-talks-sir-ken-robinson-tops-the-list/

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment