Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back Home Again

My travels ended on a high note.  Bangkok was the best!

Now it's time to get back into the working frame of mind.

Interestingly, my sleep pattern is off.  I'm surprised because for some reason, it's been easier adjusting to a 12-hour time difference than to a 3-hour one.  I'm not sure why that is.

There was running around I needed to do yesterday that kept me busy, but today is our Sabbath, so I'll be tucked in tight at home.

One more thought about traveling.

I get questioned a lot about traveling alone.  Is is safe?  Am I lonely?

Yes.

No.

Mostly, it's a relief.

The only person I have to deal with, confer with, and ultimately please . . . is me.

The tour packages have been great because someone meets me at the airport, takes me to the hotel and plans the itinerary, with input from me if there's something I especially want to do.

Terrific deals can be found on Groupon and Living Social.

I waited almost twenty years to see the coast of California because I was waiting for someone to see it with.  That solo trip down the coast that I finally took was the confirmation and the catalyst to my traveling alone today.

Last thoughts -

Remember to regularly forgive yourself and others, from anything that might hold you back.

I know.  I know.

You wish I'd quit harping on this, but my goal is to help someone else to avoid the many mistakes I've made.

If I succeed in that, terrific.

If not, please forgive me for the repetition.

Your blogging buddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment