Search This Blog

Saturday, October 26, 2013

New Toy = Serious Headache

I began this post a couple of days ago talking about how much I was enjoying this new toy (the music widget located on the right), and with most things I like, I wanted to share it.

Well, clearly, I have some work to do in figuring out how to work it.  Namely, I haven't mastered how to add new songs without deleting the original ones.  This is necessary because the songs won't match the message.  For example, the happy songs will show up on the solemn days, and that's not good.

So, instead of starting with happy songs, I begin with "Mercy, Mercy, Me" by Marvin Gaye.  I was thanking God for mercy in helping me to not to throw my computer out the window.  I knew the problem wasn't the computer, and that the confusion rested squarely on my shoulders.  That's what made it even more frustrating.

Side note - I've never been a fan of Marvin Gaye, and when that word got out, I came close to having to surrender my "Black" card.  The word on the street was, "How could I be Black and not like Marvin Gaye?"

But alas, I was forgiven.

OK.

We're back online, and here we go.


Side note 2 - Some housekeeping stuff.  Those of you who get this blog via email, will need to go directly to the site at www.followingfaye.blogspot.com to see and have access to the music widget.


OK.  Here we go for real now.

After the marvelous Marvin Gaye (he's growing on me), is a song from Earth, Wind, and Fire's Greatest Hits - "Shining Star."  This tune begins the album that is my theme music for cleaning house, or for getting things done.

The next one is from Gloria Gaynor - "I Will Survive."  This was my "go to" song through my divorce and other tough times, but it has become my rallying cry for the way I choose to live my life.

The third selection comes from John Boutte - "Two Bands Rolling."  Have you ever heard a happier song?  This is the same guy who did the theme music for Treme on HBO.

The final song is the bonus selection and is courtesy of Houran (thanks for sharing). The guys are called Capital Cities and the song is "Safe and Sound." These fellows are new to me.  I love their energy and they're now in heavy rotation on my iPod.

As always, thanks for taking this ride with me.

And most of all, thanks for your patience.








No comments:

Post a Comment