Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Smiling

I'm still pretty excited about adding music to these posts, and chose some "happy" songs for today, but changed my mind.  You'll see why.

There's a young man I see everyday, who is kind, soft-spoken, with a ready "light up the room" kind of smile.

A couple of days ago, he seemed sad.  Although his smile was still there, he eyes told a different story.  I asked him each day if he was OK, and he said that he was. I thought maybe he wasn't feeling well.  Working sick is expected.

Today he came to me and said his mother had passed away earlier this week.  I asked if he was going home to India, but he said that there was nothing he could do, so he was not.

My heart ached for him.

You never know what someone is going through.

So, in honor of my friend, I've chosen these songs:

"Let It Be" by the Beatles

"Precious Lord" by Al Green

"Blessed Assurance" by James Ingram



No comments:

Post a Comment