Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Back Home

Thankfully, I'm back home, safe and sound.

The trip to Egypt was everything I hoped for and more.

Today has been one of those frustrating ones though - nothing huge - just enough to pluck nerves.

Remember in one of my really early postings, I mentioned (ranted and raved actually) that the cell phones work better here.  You buy a phone, then you buy a SIM Card for that phone, and you only pay for the time that you use.  In theory, this works great, but the practical application leaves a lot to be desired because of the way it's set up.

So, I take it back.  This system is not better than the ones we're used to in the US. Just different, and today that difference was aggravating.

Then I was checking my plans for later this week as I'm headed out for another trip, and I realized I had the dates wrong.  It's one of those red-eyes that leave on one day and arrive on the next. (Why do they do this?  Just to confuse folks?  Or is it just to confuse me?  Am I the only one who struggles with this?) Thank God, I discovered it prior to the weekend, or I would have been up a creek without a paddle.

I reminded myself all day to let it roll.  Not let the little irritating things get to me. Remember to choose to be positive.

Yeah.  Yeah.  Yeah.

I failed.

I remembered all that and still blew it.

As my dear friend Deb used to say, "Some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you.

Today the bear won.

But (Inshall-Allah) tomorrow, he better look out.

Here's wishing you a great bear eating day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment