Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Can't Get Enough

Sleep.

I've spent the last couple of days catching up on it.  Thankfully, I'm good to go now.

Here's another product plug.  (Seriously, I missed my calling.  I should have been in advertising / sales).  It's for 6-Hour Energy Drink.  A dear friend told me about this, and although I'd seen and heard of it before, I didn't try it until she suggested it.  It works just like it says - you're energized (not crazy jittery though) for six hours with no crashing.  You can find it at almost any kind of store in the US, including Costco, but I buy it from Amazon.



When I searched my phone for the above photo, I found a couple more from my NY visit.  They are below.



Statue of Liberty

Zadie on the ferry after visiting the Statue of Liberty

Side note - I've confirmed my first summer trip.  It's to Cairo, Egypt in a couple of weeks.  It's 3.5 hours by air, so it's relatively close.  Seeing the pyramids is high on my bucket list of things to do.  More on this later.

Side note 2 - I realize getting a US calendar is important for keeping up with the holidays there.  July 4th would have come and gone unnoticed if didn't receive notes from some of you.  Thanks for keeping me in the loop.  

Side note 3 - I just wanted to expand, very briefly, on the post about my brothers a while ago.  I hope I didn't leave you with the impression that there were never any issues between us because there were plenty.  Especially between my youngest brother, Terry (deceased) and I.  In fact, we fought like cats and dogs for years - until we were in our 40's!  It was only when Forrest (brother #2), suggested one of us grow up, and stop this nonsense, that I decided, enough was enough.  It takes two to argue, and it's tough trying to fight alone.  So this "peace, no matter what" revelation marked the beginning of some really great times, and some even greater discussions.

Besides your parents, there's no one who knows you better than your siblings.  If there is strife or contention between you and them, let me encourage you to make amends and settle it TODAY.  Don't make the mistake we made.  I regret the time Terry and I lost fighting, but I'll be forever grateful for the time we had once we got past the craziness.

Until next time . . . 




No comments:

Post a Comment