Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Saying "I Love You"

Why is that simple phrase so difficult for me to say?

Is it because I wasn't raised in a home where I heard it spoken?

It is a case of your feelings not counting unless they're verbalized?

Is it because it seems empty and shallow when repeated again and again?

Is it because it seems to have become a catch phrase that folks are expected to say?

Is it because the only time I heard my father utter those words, was days before he died?

Is it because I think love should be a verb, and not just a noun?

Is it because I believe the phrase is shallow unless it involves showing the person how you feel?

Ben and Frankie can probably count the times on one hand that they've heard me say that I love them.  Is there any doubt in their minds that I do?

Is it wrong of me to feel this way?

Is it cultural?  Generational?

Or is it just me . . . in need of some serious help?


No comments:

Post a Comment