Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hello Prague!

Colorful buildings

I arrived this afternoon after a six-hour flight from Dubai.  I had the row to myself, so I was able to stretch out and sleep.  I left home at 4:30 am and I woke up every hour on the hour, checking the time so as not to oversleep, so my sleep was restless.

The weather was spectacular the entire trip, and only became overcast and damp when we landed, or maybe it was just visible then.

The people I've met in passing have been warm and friendly.

I left a sea of brown folks back home.  There were three people of color on this plane, including me.  I haven't seen any out and about yet.

The city is old, but is it well preserved.  Although it's big, it has a quaint feel to it.

The buildings - offices, apartments, and businesses - all all painted different colors, making them warm and inviting.

I'm staying steps away from this intersection.

This is a view from my room.

I was pleasantly surprised that, although it was hovering just above the freezing mark when we landed, it didn't feel that cold at all, thank God.  I was wearing flip flops with the intention of changing my shoes when we landed, but I was too tired, and as it turned out, it wasn't necessary.

There's lots to see and do.

More soon.

Good morning to you.

Good night to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment