Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Winter Break

Today begins the first day of our winter break.  We have three weeks off.  Although Christmas isn't observed by the majority of people here, it's wonderful that this break coincides with it.  There are Christmas trees decorated in the shopping areas, but it feels like an afterthought, not the focus.

Last year at this time, I was living in a hotel, shopping for furniture, and waiting for deliveries.  A lot has happened in a year.

I'm headed to the Eastern European city of Prague for a few days.  It was recommended by a friend.  Prior to this trip, I have kept my visits to relatively warm locals because I don't have winter clothes here and it doesn't make sense to buy some to wear for a few days out of the year.  I had a change of heart when planning this trip. I checked the weather in Prague, and the highs are expected to be at just above freezing.  Then I checked my closet and found a coat that I don't remember packing. In the pockets were gloves, and with the purchased of a heavy wool hat and scarf, I'm ready for my Tuesday departure to a winter wonderland.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment