Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Conversations

I was late leaving work again today.  One of the security guards has been coming up to my office to chat at the end of the day.  He's a young guy - 26.  His partner is 28. I could comfortably be their momma and I think that's why they're at ease chatting with me.  There's not much conversation between men and women in this world.

He is from Bangladesh.  The other security guard is from Egypt.  Of the two, I can understand this one better.  Our conversations go around the world, as anyone who has had a conversation with me can testify.  I confess to having a rambling brain, resulting in sometimes rambling conversations.  Oh well.  I'm used to it.  Probably bothers the heck out of some folks though.

I just finished a video chat with Forrest.  He shared an email of fascinating buildings around the world and one of them is in Dubai.  Each floor of this building moves independently, meaning the shape of the building continuously changes.  Check out the video link below.  The music is a little obnoxious, but stick with it because the architect talks about the building about halfway through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbLlt-9kCuw

I've seen the twin towers to the left of it and wonder if I saw the building and didn't know what I was looking at.  The skyline in Dubai is magnificent.  There are marvels to see all around .  Just when you thought you'd seen it all, there is something even more spectacular to see.

Just had a chuckle.

I stopped for a minute to check my emails, and my dear friend Deb asked me for the okra recipe.  No one ever asks me for recipes.  The reason I included a picture was as proof that I was really cooking.  My cooking skills, or lack thereof, is pretty much universally known.  Adding to the culinary drama is the fact that this is one of those dishes where there's no measuring.  You know, a pinch of this and a dash of that.  I forwarded approximations.  Here's hoping it turns out OK to eat.  That's always the goal for me.  If it actually tastes good, that's a bonus.

I have to critique and summarize a meeting I lead today, in preparation for another meeting tomorrow.  Yep.  There's lots of meetings here, too.

Suggestion - Call a friend or acquaintance out of the blue . . . and make their day.  I'll bet it puts a smile on both of your faces.

More soon.

Good night to me.  Good morning to you.








No comments:

Post a Comment