Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Quickie

It's late.  10:00 pm and I should be in bed, but . . .

One of the Arab teachers shared a phone app with me that I love.  It's WhatsApp.  A texting service.  My guys have downloaded it and it works great.  Here are the steps to getting started:

1)  Download the app
2)  Put in your phone number
3)  Invite folks to join; your contact list is loaded into the app, so you simply have to find the people you want to invite.
4)  Once both parties have signed up, you're ready to text
5)  Best part . . . it's free

If you want to add me, my number is 971-50-9174857.

It's great for anyone who is texting a lot, and it's especially awesome for all of us living out of the country to stay in touch.  The response time is instantaneous which is pretty cool, too.

No, I'm not getting paid to endorse this, but I should.

The other thing I wanted to share is a very thoughtful article by an Emirati columnist in response to a question about the recent burning of the Holy Quran in Afghanistan. The link is below.

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/lifestyle-comment/ask-ali-on-why-burning-the-quran-is-so-offensive#

As you know, my work week begins tomorrow.  So, off to bed I go now.

More soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment