Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break

Mother's Day Bouquet


I'm being presented with a Mother's Day Bouquet
on March 21st

Thankfully, today officially begins our two weeks off for Spring Break.

I've missed a few days of posting because of the fight with my internet service, but mostly because I've been so incredibly tired.  Which really is interesting because my work load and stress level is probably less than half of what it was in the US, and yet I was still exhausted.

As I was sharing with a dear friend earlier, I used to travel by car from Florida (where I went to college), back home to Texas on a regular basis.  It was a twelve hour trip. The first eleven hours were fine, but that last hour was pure torture.

Likewise, I have been moving through the days at work just fine, but this last week was incredibly long.  It's more mental than anything, I'm sure my therapist would say, but the fatigue sure felt real.

Thankfully, I built in rest days before and after my trip to Cape Town.  I depart early Monday morning for the 13-hour flight, arriving early evening.  I return on Saturday morning.  I'll have another week off when I get back.

I'll be taking my electronic gadgets.  I'm hopeful that I'll be able to post from South Africa.

Art Award Presentation.
Note the ladies who are covered veiled themselves when the cameras came out.



It took me years to give myself permission to take care of me.  Don't make the mistake I made, do something good for yourself everyday.  It doesn't have to be something big - taking a hot, uninterrupted bath; reading a chapter in a book; watching your favorite TV show; jotting a quick note to a friend; or having a bowl of ice cream.  Whatever it is that makes you happy, do often.

You have my permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment