Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

TED Invitation

A few days ago I posted a link to a TED Talk.  As I said then, I love the whole idea of really smart people coming together to share their ideas.  I enjoy the video clips of the many and varied speakers, so much so that I have the TED App on my phone and can listen to them anywhere I go.

Well, I read in the paper (I love the paper, too) that Al Ain, the city I live in, would be hosting a TED Conference next month.  This was fantastic news, but attendance at these events is by invitation only.  I thought, what the heck.  I'll apply and see what happens.

I just received the invitation!  How exciting is this?  The conference will be held on April 14th, a Saturday, so I won't have to take off work to attend, which I would have done because this is such a huge deal to me.

Side note - In yesterday's post I mentioned the building with the rotating floors.  I forgot to mention that it was Ben who forwarded me the link that I shared updating the progress.  Gotta give credit where credit is due.  Thanks Ben.

Off to bed now.

Goodnight to me.  Good morning to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment