Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Land of the Living

After two days in bed feeling dreadful, it's great to be among the land of the living again.

How do you spell ripe?  F - A - Y - E.  I felt too bad to care whether I showered or not, so I didn't.

That hot running water felt amazing tonight.  It's incredible what soap and water can do to improve your state of mind.

Side note - I splurged and bought the biggest, softest, most absorbent towels I could find, so showering is always a treat now.

I've learned the hard way to take care of myself at the first sign of getting sick.  I used to plow through and hope for the best, but that almost always made it worse.  I learned that I have to be proactive about taking care of myself, especially since I live alone.  There's no one to run to the store, which is one of the reason I buy in bulk, so that I have what I need at all times.

I watched a lot of TV while home these past couple of days.  Or, I should say, the TV was on a lot while I was in and out of a deep sleep.  There's a feature through the cable provider that's called "Catch Up" TV.  There are about a half dozen stations I'm interested in that offer a week's worth of the most popular programing that you may have missed.  There're probably at least twenty stations all together that offer this feature.

Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Body of Proof, all of the CSIs, Glee, and more are available.  These all offer reruns plus the latest episodes. I even saw that the Super Bowl will be broadcast.  That will be a treat, since I haven't seen any football this year.  That's the one sport I enjoyed that the boys played.  I loved the football crowds.  They were usually rowdy and crazy, whereas the baseball audience was sedate, actually watching the game.  Who does that?  Going to the games is all about socializing.  If you catch a bit of the game, great.  If not, no problem.  That just meant you probably had a great time chatting it up with other fans.

Well, it's late.  About 11:30pm (11:30am in Sacramento), so I'd better get to sleep.  I need to return to my usual rhythm of sleeping soon, so I'm not hurting come Sunday when I go back to work.

Here's wishing you peace and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment