Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Black Surfer & Car Designer

It's not quite 8:00pm, but I'm ready for bed so this will be a short one.

Last week I read an article about the first "recognized" African American surfer, Nick Gabaldon.  He was from Southern California.  We lived there more for than twenty years and I never heard of him or his amazing story.  A documentary is forthcoming.  You can check out the story at the link below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zach-weisberg/celebrating-nick-gabaldon_b_1277435.html?ref=email_share

I was just sharing with Frankie that I was thumbing through a Mazda Car Dealership magazine, and there was an article featuring about a half dozen very young engineers, who were vital and prominent in getting their cars from the design stage to the showroom.  They were all Asian, as your would expect from a Japanese car maker, expect for an African American man from the US.  His name is Tobias France.  I tried goggling him, but didn't get much.  His LinkedIn page is below.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tobias-france/8/526/7b1

These are samples of my history lessons.  I'm still amazed at how much I don't know or haven't yet experienced.

The learning continues . . . everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment