Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

Al Ain Paradise Park

One of my teachers told me about Al Ain Paradise Park and I visited it today.  It is less than ten minutes from home.  It is absolutely spectacular!  My pictures are good, but I've included professional ones, including two video clips.

http://en.nkfu.com/al-ain-paradise/

Here are some of my photos.

Park Entrance -Whimsical Image of Metal Guy with Flower Baskets on His Handlebars and Behind Him

Section of Fence Surrounding the Park

Another View of the Fence


Guinness World Record Certificate


Arch Made of Hanging Baskets


The pictures in the link below are phenomenal!  


This next link below is for a ten minute video.  If time permits, this is a good one, too.  The music played on it is the typical sounding high energy Arab music.  Reminds me a lot of Latin music, with an added twist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7OUm2iuo1k

Before going to the park, I went shopping and picked up some new fruit I've been wanting to try.

Side note - The really hard to get down fruit that I mentioned in an earlier post and wasn't sure what it was, I saw them again today and it was guava.  Eating it was not a pleasant experience.

Interestingly, both of the fruits I purchased today were listed as strawberries, but I looked them up and have provided their actual names.




The above fruit is the mangosteen.   


This is what the mangosteen looks like when opened up and ready to eat.  (See directly above.  Sorry.  Having trouble adding captions).  It has a rubbery texture, kind of like calamari, but sweet.  It looks a lot like a clove of garlic.  There is a seed to eat around in the middle.  The following is a link with more info - http://www.mangosteenfruitinfo.com/.


This fruit is rambutan - above.  This variety is from Thailand.  


This is what it looks like when opened and ready to eat.  It, too, is rubbery but sweet.  Different flavor, and sweet.  There's a seed in the middle of this one, too.  More info on this fruit can be found here - http://www.wikihow.com/Eat-a-Rambutan

That's it for today folks.  I'm a tired momma. 

Your blogging buddy




No comments:

Post a Comment