Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Still Staring

Ok.  By now I should be used to seeing guys rub noses and walking hand-in-hand, but I still find myself staring.  These are not things you see everyday.

Like my fascination with the camels, I'm equally moved by the affection that guys show toward each other.    Knowing how they view homosexuality as another forbidden fruit, it's interesting that these "friendly" gestures are not perceived as anything but that, friendly.

Side note - It doesn't appear that birthdays are recognized.  I was watching some 2nd graders today and and asked several of them when there birthday was, and no one could answer the question.

Side note 2 - There are no guidelines as to what age a child is when he/she starts school.  One of my first grade teachers pointed out one of her students that's a tiny thing.  We're guessing she's about four.  We have boys in fifth grade that need to shave.  Full mustaches.  Some of the women, too, but that's for another day.  There is a girl in fourth grade that is probably at least thirteen.  She's my height and has to wear an abaya instead of the uniform the other girls wear because she's outgrown them.

Side note 3 - When does a side note become the main point?

Anyway.

I left home at 6:00 this morning and arrived back here at 7:45 tonight.  Long day, but very productive, thank God.  I will never complain (OK, almost never) because I took advantage of the time I had before work started and I had a blast.  So, now it's time to get busy about the reason that I'm here.  I'm good with that.

Side note 4 - I more than tripled my internet download speed - that took the patience of Job to get done by the way - but I'm still having slow movement and sputtering problems.  I know the problem is not my computer and I don't think it's Tyrone (my wireless router), so I've got a serviceman coming over on Saturday to get to the bottom of this mystery, once and for all.

Side note 5 - Just tried to watch a movie trailer.  The download is still sputtering. Spitting.  Starting and stopping.  Aggravating.  Of course, it could be worse.  It could be that this great resource wasn't available at all.  Only snail mail or and the occasional phone call was the only communication vehicle available not that long ago.  It's a little funky, but it could be a whole lot worse.  Another reason why the timing of my being here is perfect.

I've stalled long enough.  I have to go to bed.  I'm downloading Glee while I sleep, so it'll be my treat to myself tomorrow night.  Yep.  I'm a Gleek.  An old one, but one nonetheless.

Good night to me and good morning to you.

Have a terrific day!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment