Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Three Things I Love

Three things that I love - red beans and rice, friends back home, and being a grandma.

Red Beans and Rice -

I received a box from Forrest filled with red beans today.  What a treat that was!  I've cooked red beans that I purchased here, but they were hard and never tasted done, even after they cooked all day.  As soon as I got home, I put a pot of the ones that I just received on, and just had some.  Delicious!

Friends Back Home -

I chatted with two dear friends from Sacramento tonight.  In talking to them, I realized how fortunate I am to have all of you wonderful people in my life.

Being A Grandma -

Who knew how much fun this would be?  Certainly not me.  I love my girl, Zadie Faye.  On a recent video chat, I  said something to Frankie and Cara about her belly, and she reached down, picked up her shirt and pointed to her belly.  It was a precious moment and she so proud of her accomplishment!  It's pretty clear she has her Grandma's brainpower.  Just kidding.

OK.  In reference to yesterday's post where I gave hints as to where I was going for spring break and asked you to guess, I had a grand total of one person to play along - thanks Deb! - so I'll tell you.  Cape Town, South Africa.

More soon.

Good morning to you & goodnight to me


No comments:

Post a Comment