Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Great Day!

Thankfully, today was a great one.  I was concerned about my endurance after being in bed for four days.  Gratefully, my strength returned, and things were back to normal.

Several more staff members have been bitten by this nasty bug.  One went home soon after school started, another one was hanging on by a thread.

Thanks to those of you who commented on yesterday's post about my Mom.  Moms are special people, whether they're still with us or not.  I find myself quoting my Mom every day.  She was well known for her nuggets of truth.  Of course, I thought she and her quotes were looney until I had kids of my own.  Then I recognized her wisdom.  I'm grateful that this happened before she passed away.

Random thoughts from work:

It's interesting how some folks in positions of power feel the need to throw their weight around to ensure everyone recognizes their position.  More times than not, it's done in an derogatory manner, belittling the folks they are supposed to be leading.  Too often they wonder why folks are afraid or intimated by them, not realizing that a positive work environment is what's needed for folks to want to do their jobs.  That's what you're hoping to achieve, a staff of folks who want to be at work every day, giving their best while they're there.  Or as Mom would say, "You get more with honey than vinegar."  Treat people right, and they'll go to the moon in their efforts to please you.  Mistreat them, and they can make your life miserable.

Side note - I went to the mall today after work to pick up some groceries.  At the main entrance was a giant heart made of fresh cut roses, in celebration of Valentine's Day.  Below is a picture.  I hope you can make out the roses.  This display was absolutely beautiful.

Heart Made of Roses


Take the time today to stop and smell the roses, or whatever natural beauty is near you.

Your blogging buddy





No comments:

Post a Comment