Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Changes

When I opened up my blog page yesterday, there was a "new and improved" look. The thing is, I was really happy with the old look.  I knew where everything was.  I knew how to access it to make changes, etc.

Now, I'm searching.

I don't like to search.

This reminds of Target.  I loved shopping there, but until the major remodel, all of their stores were set up differently.  So, that meant searching for stuff every time I walked in a different one.

Isn't it funny how I can make a total change in my life - retiring and moving half way around the world - and that didn't bother me?

But changes in my blog page . . . that bothered me.

Why is that?

Why is it that the big changes in our lives are often easier to "swallow" and adjust to, than the little changes that we make a big deal of, that really shouldn't matter?

If someone has an answer, please share.

Side note - Have you ever known someone that lived on the edge of reality?  When they spoke, their conversations was a little . . . off?

I'm not talking about those who are mentally challenged.  I'm talking about "average Joe Blow" folks we may interact with every day.

They just see and deal with the world differently.

Not better or worse.  Just differently.

How should we respond to them?

Do we emulate them, or shun them?  Or something in between?

How do we deal with that person if he/she is related to us?

Do you make excuses for them?

Do you spend time defending them or trying to justify their behavior?

If so, why?

Is it because we feel sorry for them?  Or are we trying to understand them and think everyone else should give them the benefit of doubt?

What if these folks are "knocking on 60's" door?

Do we deal with them differently than someone who is "knocking on 30"s door?

Are we less patient with the older person?

Don't we expect more because they're older?

Is that fair, though?

Clearly, something is off kilter.

Shouldn't that count when we're passing judgement?

So many questions, and not nearly enough answers.







No comments:

Post a Comment