Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Recovering

From the flu or stomach virus or something.

I got up as usual and went to work, but by the time I got there I knew I needed to go home.  The thing is, all absences have to have a doctor's note, so I had to go to the hospital clinic to get one.

Two hours later, with the needed sick note in hand, I was on my way home and to bed, where I stayed all day.

Thankfully, I'm feeling better.

I've learned that I have to make my health a priority.  That was sealed for me when a principal in a neighboring town in California died (was killed actually) in his office. Twenty-four hours later, it had been painted and all of the furniture had been replaced, along with the carpet.  That office, his old office, was now ready for someone new.

It was at that point that I really realized that no matter what your job, you're replaceable.

So, take care of yourself.  You're no good to anyone else sick or . . . dead.

OK.  Enough preaching for today.

Hope this finds you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment