Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bootylicious!

Beyonce and J-Lo would feel right at home here.

This could be called the "land of the booty."  I haven't ever seen this many amble behinds before.  Women with pencil thin waists, but with booties galore.  Any man who is a "booty man" would be in hog's heaven here.

OK.  I just had to share that.

I'm guessing I've got some of my buddies already booking their flights.  It's OK.  I'm not mad at you.

Now back to the straight and narrow.

We were expecting rain today, so neither of us planned to leave the apartment.    It ended up being a lovely morning, so I decided to venture back out.  I wanted to visit the Mandela Museum again.

I walked the several blocks to the bus top, but must have just missed the bus because I waited more than 30 minutes for the next one.  Not a big deal.  The view of the water, and the glass houses, and the the traffic going by kept me entertained.

Residential Housing


I like people watching.

Once on the bus, the ride was only about ten minutes to the Waterfront.  Yes, this area is the jumping off point for many of the sight-seeing opportunities.


Remember Woolworth?


Interestingly, you can see Robben Island from the museum.  Which means all those years those men were imprisoned, they could see freedom across the shore.  How tough that must have been, to be so close, and yet so far.

After visiting the museum this last time, I strolled through the surrounding area. Enjoyed a cup of coffee, and again enjoyed people watching.  And listening to the various accents, trying to guess where the folks were from.


Striking Statues


It started to drizzle, so I cut my venture short, and headed home.

In between napping, I finished one book and started another.

Later this evening, I was invited to dinner at the home of one of my teachers who lives here in Cape Town.  It was a lovely evening.

Tomorrow, I'll be on my way back to the UAE, ending my wonderful visit to the Motherland.

Last week I read this long article in the NY Times about what a racist city Cape Town is.  I'm thrilled to report that I saw no signs of this during my weeklong stay. We intermingled with the locals throughout the week, and couldn't have been treated better.

It truly has been a marvelous experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment