Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Kuwait

About a year and a half ago, I applied for a job in Kuwait, and was so disappointed when it didn't come through.  Little did I know at the time, there was something much better coming down the pike.  All I could see was the disappointment of not getting this job.

If the Kuwait job had materialized, I would have had to resign from my position in Sacramento, as opposed to being able to retire, which I did.  I wasn't old enough to retire the year before, so I can see now that some things had to fall in place before this move could happen.

Sometimes when you're hoping or wishing for something that doesn't happen, maybe, just maybe, it's because something much better is right around the corner.

I think about all the time I waited to hear from Abu Dhabi, wondering if, or when, I would hear from them again.  In hindsight, I see now that I arrived at the perfect time.  Landing when I did allowed me a month to sightsee and get acclimated to the new culture, and it allowed for a period of adjustment free from the stress of work.

And . . .

The temperature was 111 at 2:45 as I was leaving work today.  When I arrived in this country in late November, it was a high of about 75 degrees for the first three months.  That was heavenly.  This is HOT!  It would have been so much harder adjusting with this blazing heat.  It's 7:30pm and it has cooled down to 102!

I could go on and on about how things have worked out for the best, but I'm sure you get my drift.

I hope that by reading this you'll be encouraged to keep working toward your dreams, no matter the setbacks.  I heard someone say recently that your setbacks should be thought of as setups . . . setting you up for something greater.

If it happened for me, it can happen for you, too.

Sending good thoughts your way . . . always.

Your blogging buddy

1 comment:

  1. It's always in looking back that we see it was the way it was supposed to be. In the moment we don't seem to see that.

    ReplyDelete