Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Long Week

As I've gotten older, I've learned to appreciate time more.  Time to live. Time to enjoy life.  Time to experience new things.

But this was a tough week.  Time seemed to drag on, with each day longer than the previous one.

I'm dealing with sensitive personnel issues, and as the de facto problem solver for the school - how in the world did I get that role? -  it has made for some long days.

I went to bed as soon as I got home, with no intention of writing tonight, but Forrest called, as usual, but today it was sad news about a friend back home.  She had an aneurysm, collapsed and is on life support.  She is 54.  Her sister and I were the best of friends. We still are.

How quickly I went from feeling sorry for myself for being tired, to feeling like an idiot for making a mountain out of a mole hill.

My issues are microscopic compared to this family's.

On the days like today when I'm living in a fog, I hope that I remember how blessed and fortunate I am.

This news shocked some sense into me.

Don't make my mistake.  Take a minute now to recognize how good you have it.  No matter what's happening in your life, take the time to appreciate all of the goodness that surrounds you.  Even if you have to search . . . hard . . . I encourage you to do it.

I promise you - suddenly - your day will be better for it.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment