Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mission Statement

Aramex is the awesome shipping company I use to get packages from the US here in record time.  I have the boxes shipped to their office because I'm not at home when they deliver.


There is a framed picture of their mission statement in their office that hangs prominently for all to see.  It reads, "The mission is to be one of the top five global logistics and express transportation service providers in the world."

This is fascinating to me.  

Why is their goal to be "one of the top five" and not number one?

Are they flying low instead of reaching for the stars?

Is this goal a more realistic one?  Is that why it was chosen?

And if one of the top five, why not the top ten or the top twenty?

My thinking is, if you're going to compete, shouldn't you always seek to be the best, to be number one?  

What do you think?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment