Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Little Machine That Could

Years ago, I use to sew, making a lot of my own clothes.  But that was years ago. Now the only time I think about sewing is when I need to make some quick repairs.

Of course, with a "three luggage" limit traveling here, the thought of bringing a sewing machine didn't/wouldn't even occur to me.

Since I've arrived though, there have been a few things that needed repairing, so I went online - yes, to Amazon, my favorite store - and found the cutest battery (4AA) operated sewing machine that is so small it fits in the palm of my hand.  It costs $22.  It looks like a toy, but don't be mistaken, it's a powerful little booger.

"SMARTEK Mini-Sewing Machine
sitting next to a remote so you can get an idea of its compact size

For those of you who sew, you'll understand - It feeds the thread using bobbins on both the top and the bottom.  And, it came threaded and ready to use.

The reason I needed a sewing machine that is battery operated is because our electrical outlets run on 220 voltage instead of the 120V that we use in the US.

The quickest way to fry a motor is to plug a 120V into a 220V.  Yep, I speak from experience.


The uses for this little amazing sewing machine are countless.  And because of the compact size, you can take it anywhere.


Side Note - Interestingly, I haven't found anyone who knows what a crock pot is.  Of course, I could order one, but the voltage wouldn't be compatible and I would be adding it to the list of motors I've fried.

Side Note 2 - I think I missed my calling.  I should have been in sales because when I like something, I want the world to know about it and experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment