Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

TV

I used to be hooked on television.  With the advent of TiVo, I had scores of shows saved to watch later.

When I was young, we had an elderly neighbor that I visited from time to time.  She always had her TV on, and it was always blasting.  It was "company" for her.  I swore then that I would never be an old lady with a blaring television.

Well . . . never say never.

I, in fact, became that woman.  Old, and watching way too much TV.

Thankfully, that is not the case here.

Of course, I'm still old, but I find that I don't turn on the TV for days at a time.  It helps that it's in the living room and not the bedroom, so it's not the automatic routine that it was.

So, how do I fill that time?

I'm reading much more.  Books.  Magazines.  Newspapers.

I like being informed.  Knowing what's happening in my world.

That world seems small when the headlines from the US are published prominently here in the UAE.

Again, I'm thankful for the online resources and outlets that feature the latest news and information from around the world.  It helps to keep me in the loop.

I also just downloaded a great app for my iPad . . . ESPN, The Magazine.  It features terrific articles and offers comprehensive coverage of sports.

Yes, I like sports.  I'm sure it's from growing up with all that testosterone.

I subscribed to Sports Illustrated years ago for Ben and Frankie, and kept it coming long after they were gone and only stopped getting it when they changed the font and I couldn't read it comfortably.  Clearly, it was geared for a younger, better eye-sighted, crowd.

The great thing about the iPad and iPhone and all the other i-gadgets, is the ability to increase the font size with your fingers by spreading them out on the page.  You gotta love the geeks.  Life is so much better because of them.

If you're still with me, you can see there wasn't much happening in my world.  Of course, if I waited for something exciting to write about, it might be a while.

Until next time, find something fun to read, and share it with me.  I'm always looking for something new.  Trashy romance novels count.  So do comics.

OK.  No comics.

Finally, this random reminder -

Forgive.  No matter what.  Choose to forgive.  Whatever the issue,  it's not worth holding on to it.  Just let it go.

Yes, you can do it.

Just let it go.

Take a deep breath.

Another.

One more.

Feel better?

I know.  I know.  I missed my calling.  I should have been a therapist.

Until next time.













No comments:

Post a Comment