Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Salads

Yesterday was a tough day.

I was so busy I forgot to eat lunch and realized it when I got a headache.  That hunger headache evolved into a migraine, so I went to bed early to sleep it off.

Because I went to bed so early, I woke up early . . . at 3:00 in the morning.

I got up and read a few emails.

Yes, that's one of the first things I do when I wake up.

Yes.  I know that's strange, but I'm Ok with that.

I fell asleep again, only to be awaken by my alarm going off at its usual time - 5:00. I got up and turned it off, but fell asleep again, waking up this time at 6:30.

I get to school at 6:30, so this was going to be a late one.

I arrived at school at about 7:45.  I refused to rush at home getting ready or on the road driving.  I decided that I would get there when I got there.

Of course, being late is an extremely rare occurrence for me, so I wasn't overtaken with that Catholic guilt.

Thankfully, I made it through the day and left at a decent hour.

Today begins the weekend.

Side note - I'm still observing teachers and have completed 49 of the 75 I have to do.  I'm averaging at least five a day.  Truthfully, the visits are starting to blend together.  I liken it to buying a wedding dress.  They all start to look alike after a while.  For those teachers that I'm seeing for the first time, they want me to see everything that they do or have done, all year.  As a result, the scheduled half hour visits are lasting longer than expected for many of them.

True confessions -

I'm not fond of the workweek starting on Sunday.  That is, until we get to Wednesday.  Then I start to like it a lot, knowing that Thursday at 2:00pm begins the weekend.

Moving on -

Very recently, I was grocery shopping at the store with the best fruits and vegetables, when I saw a ready-made garden salad.  It's rare to find them.  It looked good, so I bought it, along with some dressing.

True confessions 2 -

I can't remember the last time I had a salad.

I don't know if it was because it had been forever since I'd eaten one, but this one was mouthwateringly delicious.  I went back to the store today and bought three more.

True confessions 3 -

I'm still working on doing things in moderation.  When I like something, I tend to eat it, use it, etc., for months.  Then when I can't stand to see it again, I move on to something else.

For example -

I ate fried rice for lunch and dinner for six months during my last year or so in Sacramento.  When I was feeling sluggish for weeks, I went to the doctor for a checkup, and discovered I was seriously anemic.  He asked what I'd been eating, and when I mentioned my rice diet, he strongly suggested that I add some variety.

I try, but old habits are tough to break.

Moving on . . . again -

It's almost 11:00 at night.  Where did the time go?

My plans for tomorrow is to do what I always do on Fridays . . . sleep in and wear my pj's all day.

What about you?

Whatever it is, have fun.

Life is too short for anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment