Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

Chocolate-Colored Camels

I spent the day in Abu Dhabi.  I was there for a meeting.  The highlight was sitting next to an acquaintance who shared some info on cruises.  I think that was the reason I was there.

Interestingly, this woman is a neighbor.  She lives on my floor, a few doors down, I think.  She also works next door to me in Um Ghafa.  However, I never see her, so we don't get a chance to chat much.

I'm working on plans to be someplace else during the massive heat wave expected soon, and the info she shared was most helpful.

Now about the scenery to and from Abu Dhabi -

Both ways, I was treated to sightings of dark chocolate-colored camels riding in trucks. I'm guessing they're rare because of the hundreds of camels that I've seen, I've never seen any this dark.  They're usually the color of sand, a golden brown.

These dark camels reminded me of the black squirrels on Stanford's campus.  They were seemingly a rare breed, too.  Of note - the black squirrels were mean and not at all interested in mingling with humans.  They simply occupied the same space as the folks on campus, reluctantly sharing it.  I wonder if there is a difference in the temperament of the different colored camels?  I'm betting someone, somewhere has done research on this very subject.  I should google it.

Maybe tomorrow.

It's late.  So, I gotta go.

Good night to me.  Good morning to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment