Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2012

New York, New York!

In less than a month, I'll be in New York for a week.  I'm really excited to be back in the US, if only for a short visit.

Frankie and his wife, Cara, are having a wedding ceremony, something they didn't have when they married almost two years ago.  I'm happy for them and I'm thrilled to be a part of the festivities.

Seeing Zadie tops my list of things to see and do.  She's 18 months old, and growing up so fast.

Today as we ended our video chat, she blew me a kiss goodbye.  The last time we chatted she said "I love you."  Precious!

It was years before I enjoyed motherhood.  Probably not until Ben and Frankie were grown and on their own did I really appreciate it.  When I was knee-deep in it, it was hard.

Being a grandma is a slice of heaven.  So much easier.  You get to enjoy the kids without the pressure of raising them.  I love this!

Funny, I didn't think I would be a doting grandma.  God knows, I wasn't a doting mom.  There was nothing warm and fuzzy about me or the way I did things, especially when it came to parenting.

I could absolutely be described as a doting grandma, though.  Oh, how the tables have turned.  I know Ben and Frankie have a hard time recognizing the woman/grandma I've become.

Side note - The visit will be short because my school doesn't end until mid-July and I need to be back here to help close it up.  July and August is when the temperatures start to rise past 120.  I'm planning several short trips to cooler climates during this time.

But first, it's . . .

New York City, here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment