Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gaudy, Gaudy, Gaudy!

On my way to get a haircut, I had some time to spare, so I stopped by - what we would call way back when - a five and dime store.

It was touted as a gift shop, but that's a real stretch.

What was so inviting, and yet in many ways, so repulsive, was the gaudiness of it all.

Even the cheesy stuff is done up in a big way here.

There were rows and rows of shiny gold things that I'm sure would turn green before you walked out of the store with it.

But for some reason, I was mesmerized by it all, and walked up and down each aisle . . . several times.

What does that say about me?

Please don't answer!

Yes, I did buy something.

It was only a little bit gaudy.

And yes, I will discuss this issue in my next therapy session.

Here's wishing you a good "gaudy" night.



No comments:

Post a Comment