Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Great Way to End the Day

I just had the opportunity to see my baby girl, Zadie Faye.  She made my day when she waved and said bye-bye.  Just darling!  What a great way to end the day!

Those of you who know me, know that a doting Mom I was not.  I surprise myself everyday at how much of a doting Grandma I am.  I wouldn't believe it either if I wasn't living it.  Zadie has brought out the softer side in me, which I didn't even know I had.

Kudos to Frankie and Cara for being great parents, too.

It's 9:45 and I must get to sleep soon.  I have to be at work early tomorrow to continue the formal observations.  The first one is at 7:15.

I'm moved by so many really talented teachers on our staff.  For the most part, they have taken, what could be a really trying situation, and made the most of it. Creativity is mother of invention, and I see that here every day in the classrooms. The way the teachers have intuitively created what they've needed, is inspiring. Given the support in providing all of the necessary resources, would results with these folks shining beyond measure.  As it is, they're doing great.

Side note - When I was on one of my many visits to the hospital to renew prescriptions, there was a young couple sitting in the same waiting area as me.  The were ADEC folks.  They had a little girl about three and a little boy, probably less than a year old.  The mom was Western, and spoke English.  The dad only spoke French.  What was delightful to hear was the little girl listening to your dad speak to her in French, but she responded to him in English only.

Luther had his first check-up today.  While I waited, I was able to work on a project for school, and because I was preoccupied, the wait time went by very fast.

I've been disappointed in the teacher resources, but one of my teachers told me about another bookstore that had everything I was looking for.  It was a goldmine of literary treasures.  I needed some books to have on hand for those times when I have to take over a class at the last minute.

My principal has reminded me that I'm too busy, with administrative stuff, to cover classes.  That's great, in theory.  In reality, passing by a classroom where the students are "playing teacher" because they have none, is tough to do.  I know I said I'd changed my attitude about the situation, but the Western teacher attitudes in me, is preventing my total adherence to this line of thinking.

It's 10:15 now.  I really gotta go.  Seeing that I'm not sharing any earth-shattering information, I'm guessing you won't mind.

Your blogging buddy


No comments:

Post a Comment